Tuesday 18 June 2013

Inspired by... The Great Gatsby



A few weeks ago I went to go see 'The Great Gatsby' with a good friend of mine. And even though I was never a huge fan of the book, I completely fell in love with the way Baz Luhrmann created this wonderful masterpiece. After the awesomeness of 'Moulin Rouge' and 'Romeo + Juliet' who would expect anything less from Mr. Luhrmann?? 

When I went to see 'Gatsby' I did have this nagging voice in my head that kept saying 'By the end of this you'd better have an idea of a nail design...' and NOTHING was inspiring me. I have done research on all the other beautiful nail designs out there, and a lot the nail art is inspired by the art deco theme of this fantastical era, but I wanted to do something different. 

So I am sitting in the cinema and waiting for inspiration to hit me when the party scene comes on where Joel Edgerton's character takes Tobey Maguire to that little party in NYC....


And for this one little scene we are introduced to Myrtle's sister (In the picture she is the one in the green next to Nick Carraway). And at one point she is sitting on the couch staring out the window and you get a really good shot of her nails... AND I FELL IN LOVE! 
Emerald green, half moon, nude tipped nails. <3 b="" nbsp="">

The rest of the movie was basically a blur as my mind raced to create this design. 
When I finally got it right it was the most wonderful feeling ever... and I have never been so proud of myself. 




I didn't go with the nude nails because my natural half moon didn't look as good, so I made a artificial half moon with a creamy colour. I think it looks better then a nude nail underneath. 



I am pretty proud of these. 

What do YOU think?

B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment