Tuesday 9 July 2013

Jowita Photography

Hi All!

So I know all of you are expecting nails today, but instead I am going to share with you something a little bit different. For all you creative, artistic people out there, this one is for you....

Last week I had the privilege to work with an aspiring photographer, Jowita Majewski.

Jowita and I met many years ago when we both started teaching in Sunshine. This reserved but brilliant teacher and I soon became quick friends (probably because we are complete opposites) and began our 'interesting' journey together. A journey which lead us from Melbourne to Essex, from Barcelona to London and back again.

Today, I am still teaching (if you call substitute teaching, the real deal) but Jowita has been brave enough to follow her dreams, and start up her very own glamour photography business.
You may think this is not a big deal, but trust me it is! To give up a stable job, put your money and hopes all on the line like that? It can only really be summed up in one word.... courageous.

So after 'ummming' and 'ahhhing' I finally mustered up my only bit of courage and asked Jowita to take my picture.
Now, I am no stranger to the glamour photography experience, I have had many photos done before but for some reason I was never 100% happy with how I turned out. Granted, each time I went I had changed and evolved, but I guess the only thing I really wanted from this experience was have a little token showing me as a 'grown up', a 'women'. So that was the challenge I set Jowita (no pressure, huh?).

On the day I took my outfit changes and my courage and heading to her home studio.

And what an experience it was!! She created this environment where I could FINALLY be the true me. She was graceful and humble and made me feel at ease. I didn't have some random person snapping at me (like other bigger studios), she took the time to make sure every photo was what I wanted, that I looked beautiful in every frame, whether it be the lowering of the chin or the 'smize'.
Not only did I get to catch up with a true friend that day but I left there feeling beautiful. I left there with a sense of confidence, which is a rarity for me.

The purpose of this post is not just to show off my new pictures (wink wink) but to show that EVERY women deserves to feel beautiful. And that little voice inside you that is so doubtful, be silenced!

So for all those Melbournians out there who have always wanted some 'glamour shots' defiantly consider Jowita.

I have put all her links at the bottom of this post so check out her work, and maybe show her some love??

Website: http://www.jowita.com.au/
Blog: http://jowitaphotography.blogspot.com.au/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jowitaphotographer?fref=ts


 B xox

No comments:

Post a Comment